Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We could have laughed...

I've been reading a book called Planet Ocean. It is a quirky look at life on earth from the beginnings of time. The writing is full of puns, imaginative dreams, and story telling with a running theme of FISH and humans. The illustrations are wonderfully inventive--mixing images of ancient sea creatures or dinosaurs with today's life or illustrating puns in imaginative ways. (Two paleontologists and dinosaurs dancing to the fossil record, playing on the little record player!) Sounds like a good read, doesn't it?

But...I had started it earlier in the day, got busy with other things, and later laid down to take a short nap. BAM! I was crying hard, missing James... What? What triggered the tears THIS time??

I realized this was a book I would have shared with him--showing him the best bits, groaning and laughing together about the puns and the mixed-up images. I shared a few bits with Jakob...but it just wasn't the same.

I miss you, James...

No comments:

Post a Comment